Twig Tree Ornaments
Rustic and Natural Christmas Decorations| December 2019
These beautiful, natural Twig Trees make attractive Christmas decorations or gifts. Gather some dry twigs from your yard, a small piece of bark, and some dry seedpods (we found Beech nut husks made perfect stars) and begin to create your own.
What you will need:
- Thin sticks, dead and dry if possible so they are easy to snap
- Strips of cardboard (approximately 1" x 6")
1. Draw a triangle (Christmas tree shape) on the paper to use as a guide. Snap twigs to the appropriate lengths to fit within the triangle.
2. Punch a hole in the top of a cardboard strip for hanging your tree. Spread a generous amount of glue on the cardboard strip and begin to transfer the twigs carefully from the paper to the cardboard.
3. Add some bark for a trunk, a beech nut husk (or similar natural object) for a star.
4. If you'd like, you can add shiny stars or other decorations as well. Let dry completely, then string some yarn or wire through the hole at the top to hang.