Last updated December 31, 2022
2. Our Websites
8. Your Rights
10. Other Websites
Children Under the Age of 16: Our Websites are not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to our Websites. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information with immediate effect. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 16, please contact us as set forth below.
2. Our Websites
The Websites (collectively our “Websites”) operated by Community Products, include:
The types of personal information we collect depend on your interactions with us. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, which we have grouped together, as follows:
We do not collect any other Sensitive Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses. We further do not collect geolocation data or sensory data.
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your contact or identity by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, blogs and email or otherwise.
- Third party sources. We may receive personal information about you from analytics providers such as Google or from publicly available sources.
- Social Media Platforms. If you interact with us on social media or use features such as plugins made available by social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest) in connection with our website, we collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us. For more information, see the privacy policies of the social media platforms that you use.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences, if any, if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information (including any legitimate interests relied upon), please contact us as set forth below.
We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, when providing our products), or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal information about you, or may need to process personal information in order to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To Corporate Affiliates: other entities associated with Community Products which provide us e.g. with administrative and IT resources.
- To Service Providers, such as contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to provide products to you, support our Websites, or to process data on our behalf. For example, we would disclose your shipping address to the shipping company that delivers products that you order.
- To Social Media platforms, through various plugins available on our websites.
- To Government Entities, such as courts, government bodies and law enforcement agencies to comply with comply with any court order, legal obligation or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We do not sell your personal information.
We employ reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice to protect against the loss, misuse, alteration, destruction of or unauthorized access to personal information. For instance, access to our databases containing personal information is restricted to authorized staff and access is audited for security purposes. Customer account information and activity is protected through the use of usernames and passwords. To protect your information, you should keep your username and password confidential.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Your Rights
The laws of the country or state you reside in may provide you with certain rights in relation to the processing of your personal information, including to:
- Request access to personal information about you (often known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request rectification, correction, or updating to any of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request personal information provided by you to be transferred in machine-readable format (“data portability”), to the extent applicable in the business relationship context.
- Request erasure of personal information.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Withdraw your consent where we may rely on your consent to process your personal information.
These rights are not absolute and are subject to various conditions under:
- applicable data protection and privacy legislation; and
- the laws and regulations to which we are subject.
To exercise any of these rights, please Contact Us as set forth below.
We and many of our external third parties are based in the United States.
If you submit personal information to us, you agree that your personal information may be processed in a country that has privacy laws less stringent than your own, and consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information in the United States.
10. Other Websites
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, and this section applies to you.
a. Categories of Personal Information and Purposes for Collection
The categories of personal information that we collect are described above in Personal Information That We Collect. The sources of that information are set out above in Sources of personal information. How we use that information is described above in Our Use of Your Personal Information.
b. Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
We share the below categories of personal information for commercial or business purposes to the listed categories of recipients:
- Basic Identifying information with Corporate Affiliates, Service Providers and Social Media platforms
- Profile Information with Corporate Affiliates, Service Providers, and Social Media platforms
- Device Information and Other Identifiers, with Corporate Affiliates, Service Providers, and Social Media platforms.
- Commercial Information, with Corporate Affiliates and Service Providers
- Usage Information, with Corporate Affiliates, Service Providers, and Social Media platforms.
- Marketing and communications Information, with Corporate Affiliates and Service Providers.
- Sensitive Personal Information, with Corporate Affiliates and Service Providers.
We may also share your information to comply with legal requirements, or to enforce our rights.
c. Right to Access or Request Deletion
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of information we collect, use, and disclose about you. You may also request that we delete personal information that we have collected.
To exercise these rights, contact us in the manner listed below. Note that we may send you an email requesting additional information to verify your identity. You may also designate an agent to submit such requests on your behalf. To do so, you will have to provide a signed, written designation, and verify your own identity with us. In either case, we will respond to you as quickly as practical once we have the necessary verification.
d. Nondiscrimination We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise any of the rights provided under California Law or under this policy.
Community Products, LLC
101 Woodcrest Drive
Rifton, NY 12471