Shake the Paint
Highly Active Art for Kids!| August 2023
This project is all about the energy you put into the process. Perfect for active kids! Just follow these simple instructions:
- Large plastic container with lid
- Washable tempera paint
- Some natural loose materials (acorns, pebbles, pinecones work well)
- Paper (cut to the height of the container)
1. Wrap the paper around the inside of the container.
2. Place an assortment of small, natural objects in the bottom of the container.
3. Squirt in a little bit of paint. Try one or two colors to start with.
Put lid on TIGHTLY and begin to shake the container.
Shake it while you jump!
Shake it with a friend!
When you think it’s done, open the lid carefully to reveal the painting. Surprise—it turned green!
Mine turned orange! All over!
Every time it will turn out different, depending on the objects, how hard you shake, and what colors of paint you chose!