Pinecone Bird Feeders
Invite nature right to your window with this project that children of any age will enjoy.
How to make pine cone bird feeders:
1. Combine equal amounts of the following ingredients and mix until a sticky consistency: wild bird seeds, bread crumbs, shortening (or peanut butter).
2. Wrap a wire or string around the top of the pine cone long enough to make a nice loop for hanging on the tree.
3. Press the bird seed mixture onto your pine cones. Don't forget the aprons—this part is messy!
4. Hang the pine cone in a nearby tree—if possible within good viewing distance from your window.
5. Watch your tree become an instant landing station for birds!